Avanti Italia Application Process
Purpose of Process: To ensure that new team members are qualified to serve, will fill a specific need on the mission team, and work in concert with other team members to support the goals of the program.
Nature of the process: the process of being accepted into the program involves several stages; successful completion of each stage is a prerequisite for continuing to the next stage. Each numbered point below constitutes a separate stage in the overall process.
- Applicant completes these forms. Open the attachment “Self-Evaluation Form”. Answer the questions directly onto the document, making more or fewer spaces as needed then return to me as attachment along with the "Doctrinal Statement Form".
- A.I. Committee reviews the application materials and checks references. If the applicant is not approved to move to the next stage, notification of that fact and the reasons will be communicated to him/her.
- Approved applicants will be asked to undergo a standardized psychological test which will be arranged by the A.I. director at no expense to the applicant.
- A.I. Committee interviews applicant in person or by telephone.
- Applicant participates in a two-week training session in August for the purpose of getting more intense orientation to all aspects of the work of A.I. and life in Italy. This period also serves as an opportunity to engage in team building with other A.I. applicants.
- Complete fund-raising and make travel arrangements.
- Depart for Italy.